We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to Rice Village

Delft, Netherlands
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels close to Rice Village

Hi,

in May I'll be visiting Houston for business, but would like to stay close to Rice Village. Which hotels are in walking distance of Rice Village?

A colleague recommended the Houston Courtyard - West University on Westpark Drive would be good. She told me I'd propably be able to walk along Kirby Drive towards Rice Village. Is that right?

best regards,

Dennie

Mentioned in this post
Courtyard Houston-West University
Courtyard Houston-West...
164 Reviews
Houston, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Austin
Level Contributor
923 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels close to Rice Village

A while ago I looked into hotels near Rice Village and found nothing closer than the Rodeway Inn, which is where we stayed for several visits. BUT, I finally got tired of the Rodeway, which I characterize as two steps above a fleabag, so we now stay near the medical center.

When my husband visits Rice University, the college puts him up in one of the hotels near the medical center.

The Houston Courtyard is probably the closest hotel to Rice Village. But it is still about a 3/4 mile walk down Kirby Lane to the northern edge of RV.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels close to Rice Village

The main hotel in walking distance is the Hilton Medical Center. It would be a 20-30 minute walk to Rice Village, but it is a walk across the beautiful Rice University campus.

Another option is the Holiday Inn Select on Southwest Freeway. It is 1/2 block from Kirby Drive, so the #18 bus will take you to Rice Village.

Mentioned in this post
Rice University Campus
Rice University Campus
435 Reviews
Houston, TX
Austin
Level Contributor
923 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels close to Rice Village

Across the street and an empty lot from the Hilton is the Best Western Medical Center. That is our new place to stay when we visit Children's Hospital. I agree with Trav0042 that it is a nice walk across the Rice Campus or through the residential neighborhood.

Also, both those hotels are on the light rail line, which you can take into downtown or the to museums.

4. Re: Hotels close to Rice Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 27, 2009