We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Aransas from Fort Worth Tx

Fort Worth, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Port Aransas from Fort Worth Tx

Will be driving from Ft Worth to Port Aransas; will utilize Hwy 130 to near Seguin. Is it best to go to San Antonio and take IH37 or take Hwy 123 from Seguin and blend into Hwy 181 to the south and on the Port Aransas? Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
896 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Aransas from Fort Worth Tx

From Seguin:

Unless you've got some urge to take half the day and semi-scenic backroads and towns, it is by far much better to take I-10 W to I-37 S.

And I would take tx 358 as you approach CC, over to N. Padre Island and then up Mustang Island 361 to Port A.

(I highly recommend avoiding the ferries that you'd have to wait-take if cutting over from CC through Portland/Aransas Pass - 181/35)

Enjoy!

Fort Worth, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Aransas from Fort Worth Tx

Thanks!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,984 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Aransas from Fort Worth Tx

As someone that makes this trip regularly I would disagree, with all due respect. Once you leave Seguin on Hwy 123 you will have one light in Stockdale and two lights in Kenedy until you get to Sinton.

Just outside of Sinton there will be a TXDOT electronic sign giving you the wait time for the ferry. If it is under 30 minutes continue through Taft (Speed trap) and Aransas Pass to the ferry. You can also check ferry wait times on line from TXDOT.

If the wait is longer, before reaching Sinton take Hwy 77 to I 37 then follow 358 to Mustang Island.

In my experience it is actually shorter and a few minutes quicker than through San Antonio. It is without a doubt more scenic and enjoyable. (my opinion)

The Interstate is an "easier" drive but definitely not any quicker, although you will miss any real traffic going through San Antonio. If you choose this route take 130 to I10 to I410 to I37 South. I would definitely use this route if traveling at night.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Aransas from Fort Worth Tx

Thanks!

5. Re: Port Aransas from Fort Worth Tx

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 08, 2018