We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Wolf Lodge... Notice to all parents!!!!!!

Which Grapevine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flower Mound, TX
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Great Wolf Lodge... Notice to all parents!!!!!!

Let me first say that we are locat to the DFW are and this is our 3rd time staying at the GWL. The first 2 times we stayed here we had a great time, however on December 26, 2008 we witnessed a terrible experiance that will make us reconsider another visit until the GWL changes it's security policy. An 8 year old girl was touched inappropraiately by a 32 year old adult that was not a guest of the hotel, nor wearing a wrist band, which is entitlement to be insde the waterpark area. This person, was apprehended by the Grapevine police and arrested.

(http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28422766/ or

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8159681&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1)

I feel GWL can implement a security system stronger than what is currently in force to not only keep unregistered people out of the water park but to also implement a system that requires parties check in and out as a group, similar to Chuck E Cheese or numerous other kid oriented businesses.

We love the family fun that we have had at GWL during our 3 visits but until we can visit and be assured a secure environment for our family we will probably not return.

As parents of a 7 year old girl and twin 3.75 year old boys we do keep a very close eye on them, but there are seconds / minutes that do occur where they escape our view. The liftguards at the GWL are AMAZING and I have NO fear of my children drowning, however they certainly could be lead out the one entrance to and from the park, especially because this is only steps away from the restrooms.

Great Wolf Lodge, please fix this issue.....you have an amazing facility that with just fixing the security aspect you will have regained my families trust and business.

westtexas
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Wolf Lodge... Notice to all parents!!!!!!

we were in Dallas in the past week, and saw it on the news.

I did not know that the guy did not even have a wrist band. when we were there in June, I did not notice anyone checking my wrist when entering the water park, but they would lock you up, if you tried to take a pool towel up!!!

2. Re: Great Wolf Lodge... Notice to all parents!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 11, 2009