We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Square

Graham, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Square

I think the downtown square is very pretty, but I wonder why there aren't more shops open? Any ideas?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Square

Like most Texas downtown squares, Graham is picturesque but not practical. All of us are programmed to stop at Target or Walgreens for everyday needs rather than "drive into town" the way we did way back when we were kids. I really can't think of any thriving downtown squares, including Waxahachie- it takes lots of money to maintain these old buildings. You really can't keep places running just on "tourist" dollars.

Fort Worth, Texas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Square

Hmmm. Perhaps that is true, that the "squares" can't run on tourist dollars?......We've lived here for a few years now, and have come to the conclusion that it's simply apathy. Many shopkeepers are unwilling to remain open, are ready to head home promptly at 5, despite pleas from working people that they consider extending their hours.

There's plenty going on up at Walmart, United, and the other few businesses which remain open beyond bankers' hours..so.....

Sunshine
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Square

And when was the last time Walmart or United built downtown, on the square?

4. Re: Downtown Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Graham