We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?

Has anyone stayed at the Riverside Cottages on the Bazos? We have been considering it, but wonder about the service.

5 replies to this topic
Dallas
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?

Did you ever go here? We are thinking of booking for Thanksgiving (three families).

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?

Our reunion isn't until October. However, we visited there to scout it out the other day. I must say the website makes it look better than reality. I think it will be okay, but not what I thought from looking online. They need to do some upkeep on the cottages, the river access is not great, and the party room does not provide running water. The hosts are friendly, but I got the feeling that the economy has taken a toll on their business.

Dallas
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?

Did you ever get to stay here in October? We are booked to go next week for Thanksgiving. All the families are from England so it is not a big holiday for us, just an excuse for a getaway.

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?

Yes, we did stay there. The people running the place are friendly enough, the place is passably clean, but not well-stocked. Be prepared to push for (or bring your own) washcloths, hand towels, toilet tissue, facial tissues, paper towels, and such. We were in a cottage for six and had one washcloth and a half roll each of toilet tissue and paper towels. Had I known before, I would have brought my own. Also, there are no ovens (microwave only) and the party room/bldg. has no running water. This made it even more inconvenient for our family reunion. The website makes the place look better than it is. Good luck!

Richardson, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?

I stayed here in March for two nights with my family of 5 and my brother's family (also of 5) stayed in the cottage next to ours. In some ways it was ideal for us: short drive from Dallas, easy to find, houses were perfect size for us, we could walk to the river and try to fish (just for fun with kids), and the kids were thrilled to play outside the houses together during our down time. But previous posts are correct about things supplied being thin - we had no hand towels in the kitchen nor any silverware, and only a small stack of cups and plates. There were pots and pans. The kitchen was advertised to have "the basics", but you'll need to bring paper plates, forks, etc... The house we stayed in needs new beds - our queen bed in the bedroom upstairs had a major dip in the middle and the pull-out couch downstairs for my kids was horrible. Thankfully they are little and didn't notice. The bed seemed fine in my brother's house and their pull-outs were futons, so they were firm.

If you go, just ask specifially for the items you expect to need in the kitchen so you'll know if its there or if you need to bring it yourself. The owners were pleasant to work with. We were mostly satisfied - weren't expecting a luxurious place, and had fun in town.

Reply to: any experience with Riverside Cottages on the Brazos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glen Rose