We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Econo Lodge, Avenue U

New Iberia...
Level Contributor
327 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Econo Lodge, Avenue U

Just reserved this hotel for Labor Day Saturday night. We're going for a wedding and wanted a cheap but clean place to stay because 4 days later we leave for a cruise out of New York. I have read reviews until I am dizzy. Would you stay here?

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Econo Lodge, Avenue U

I just stayed here this past August for one week and will be again in about a month--

Its nothing real fancy.

Its clean, service is good...its just basic, no complaints here...

I wouldn't worry to much....I'd give it 8 out of 10 ;)

Corpus Christi
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Econo Lodge, Avenue U

It is a plain Jane Motel. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle or your room. You will have them stolen. I know, I spent thirty years in Galveston.

New Iberia...
Level Contributor
327 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Econo Lodge, Avenue U

Thanks, I would usually not stay here but with a vacation back to back I really don't have much choice.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Econo Lodge, Avenue U

Galveston is like any other city with its good and bad parts. Use your common sense and you will be safe. You wouldn't leave valuables lying around just anywhere anyway. Don't walk the beaches after dark. Stay in the tourist areas (which again is just using common sense in a strange city) etc.

During the day the beaches and tourist areas (strand, moody gardens, schlitterbahn) are generally safe - just be aware of your surroundings.

They have drugs, gangs & prositition which is visibly present off of the main roads. If you see something that doesn't look safe - then it probably isn't.

5. Re: Econo Lodge, Avenue U

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 18, 2009