We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
cruise question

Hi,

Couldn't find a cruise forum on Trip Advisor so I will hope someone can answer here!

We took a cruise 8 years ago and we took along a case of Pepsi for the cabin. I have heard that it is not allowed now.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Hooks, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise question

We went two years ago and had some cokes in our check in luggage and didn't have any trouble.

Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise question

Thanks. I hate the thought of paying that much and having to find one when you just want something in your room.

I think I'll take it in my carry on though. I think you are very brave with it in your checked luggage given that I've seen how they throw them around!!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cruise question

Not positive - don't think you are allowed to carry them on - so you have to sneak them on in luggage.

decatur
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cruise question

have you visited cruisecritic.com

all the answers are there

Oak View, California
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cruise question

we put soda and water in separate duffle bag and check on ship

no problem

Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cruise question

Thanks so much. We are leaving this Saturday and I will let you know if I get caught!

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cruise question

Sportsmum,

I'm dying to know if you got caught!

Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cruise question

Nope, no one said a word. We also saw a lot of coke/mix being openly carried on. Cases and cases of it.

I brought my bottle of pepsi with me to the lunch buffet every day and other than fellow cruisers asking where I got it there wasn't a mention of it.

California
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cruise question

YES you will have trouble my poor cousin found out the hard way and had her stuff taken. So please do not try it. They x-rayed the bags plus went through it. So those of you that have done it and managed it may not be so lucky the next time around.

Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cruise question

What cruise line di your cousin use?

We were on Princess and ours was in our checked in bag and was fine. Other people had cases of pop they were carrying on without any cover at all and walked right through.