We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
359 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

Is seaweed a problem at Bermuda Beach? Does Bermuda Beach clean the sand?

Level Contributor
248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

I'm in Galveston now. Even the beaches that are being cleaned daily are a mess now. I hope the seaweed is over soon.

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

Thank you.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
2,370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

An article in the Saturday edition of the Dallas Morning News indicates that the seaweed problem is very bad in the Galveston area as of yesterday.

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

Thanks. I hope conditions improve by July 21.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
203 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

I agree , Dougocam. The West End is terrible and stinky. There are huge dunes of seaweed and it's hard to get to the water. When you look out to sea, it looks like islands out there but it's seaweed coming in. Supposedly it will slow down in August.

Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

The west end is thick with seaweed. The beaches near the Pleasure Pier were scrapped and very nice on 7-11-14. There is so much wading up that it is all over you in the water. Also, be ready for the smell of it.

7. Re: Beach Conditions at Bermuda Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, July 15, 2015