We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

Parkland, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

This may seem like a dumb question but how do you manage a day at this giant park and try to do as much as possible from opening to late in the day during the summer for our family of 4? Some questions I have are.......

Do you get around from one ride to another via the lazy river or walk around?

Is the food reasonable and if so, what is the best food in the park?

What order of rides should you do so as not to get bogged down by crowds later in the day?

Any additional info provided would be great. Thanks!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

If you get there when the park opens and stay until it closes you can easily do everything.

The park is easy to walk around, and you can do a combo of lazy river and walking to get to everything without a problem. It's not that spread out.

Food is fairly reasonable. Pizza is good and not too over-priced. Except for the one pizza time, we've always brought our own cooler full of food. If you can, do that because it saves time and money and you are always hungry after hours in the water.

For crowds, avoid the weekends and holidays and Mondays. I say to avoid Mondays, because a lot of public pools are closed on Monday which tends to make the parks more crowded. Go for the big waterslides at beginning and end of day for the least crowds.

Welcome to Texas!!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

My general tacit for any theme park is:

Get up early and eat breakfast outside the park. Get there at opening and go to the most popular rides (or the must dos for me) first. Then I do other activities. Often we go back to the room in the afternoon for a nap and then back for the duration. At Schliterbahn you have the option of napping in chase lounges.

Schliterbahn is very unique allowing folks to bring a cooler. When you get there first thing, stake out a picnic table that will have afternoon shade and leave you cooler and towels to stake out your space.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

you can take food/coolers inside-No Glass objects...stop by the local HEB for sandwich items and cheap ice chest. ready made stuff or do your own

get there early...you can grab/claim a table and leave your cooler and towels there.....people generally respect other folks things.. there are lockers on site if needed...also, you can purchase plastic money...i.e. wrist bands with tabs with denominations on them.

get some cheap water shoes from Wal Mart...the ground gets very hot in between parks

I prefer the original/older part as there are bigger trees fro shade. there are bus-like trams between parks.

The rides that require a line..I'd do those first....later rin the day the lines get longer and the wait is longer.

Edited: 2:20 pm, May 13, 2013
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

oops, was thinking of the original park in NEW Braun. regarding the shade trees..everything else is applicable

Parkland, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

which are the popular rides that we should target early???

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

Twin Twisters, Faust & Furious, Cliffhanger and Rohr.

7. Re: How do you best do Schlitterbahn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 16, 2014