We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
248 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

Hi,

Is there a nice route to go and that might be shorter than others to minimize the drive time to get there?

Tanks!!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

I would stick to the Interstate. I35 to I10 to I45. You could follow Hwy 59 all the way to Houston then take Sam Houston Tollway to I45 but you will be going through a lot of small towns along the way slowing you down.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

I like Google for route information.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
248 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

Basically is that I should take the 410 ring in SA or drive through downtown, same thought for Houston... go downtown or take 6 or 8 ring.

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

In SA I always drive through downtown. Traffic moves very well, even at "rush hour". Houston is another matter. I avoid downtown if I can

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

San Antonio no need for 410, Houston horrible traffic regardless. Personally I would go through downtown Houston as well. Try to avoid early morning and late afternoon.

6. Re: Best driving route from Laredo to Galveston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 14, 2013