We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding in Galveston

Houston
1 post
Save Topic
Horseback Riding in Galveston

I have always wanted to go horseback riding and my husband and I are going to go to Galveston for our ann. this year. Any ideas as to where I would go about doing that??

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding in Galveston

There used to be some horseback riding places near the beach pocket parks, west of the Seawall. Don't know if they still exist, though.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding in Galveston

Try Gulf Stream Stables 409-744-1004. I think they offer rides on the beach.

Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding in Galveston

A little late but for those who want info on this topic, there is Gulf Stream Stables for horse back riding on the beach.

They are open year round and open at 9:30 a.m. Cost is $25 (cash only). They are closed on Wednesdays. Phone number is 409-744-1004. Location is 8 Mile Road at 3005 (West Beach), Galveston, TX. The people are very nice and helpful. The horses were clean and well maintained.

4. Re: Horseback Riding in Galveston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 05, 2009