We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I usually don't do this........

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I usually don't do this........

But...I've watched the weather forecast for Galveston...not that it matters because it won't be warm enough for the beach...but is that all it does in the spring is rain down there?

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I usually don't do this........

The only time we stay in Chicago is for a park, sleep and fly, either out of O'Hare or Midway. I've seen about everything important there is to see in Chicago.

Glad you enjoyed Chicago and the hotel. :-)

Orange
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I usually don't do this........

It doesn't usually rain this much in Galveston. It has been unseasonably wet this spring. Like others have stated, the rain is welcomed. Houston is within 45 minutes of Galveston. That is the closest large metropolitan area. There are lot's of things to see in Galveston and some great places to eat

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I usually don't do this........

I did get a Galveston travel guide and I see how much there is to do there....plus just sitting and relaxing. Looking forward to this trip.

14. Re: I usually don't do this........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 17, 2013