We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I usually don't do this........

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I usually don't do this........

But...I've watched the weather forecast for Galveston...not that it matters because it won't be warm enough for the beach...but is that all it does in the spring is rain down there?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I usually don't do this........

It has been unseasonably warm this year so far and lots of much needed rain has been welcomed. With the warm weather means warmer water temps. We get tropical moisture off the water which helps with the rains, but it's not like it rains all day, everyday. C'mon down and enjoy it!

Asking if all it does is rain here in the spring is like asking you if all it does up there is snow in the winter.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I usually don't do this........

How warm has it been? When I check accuweather it's been saying it's only in the 60's...I need to know what to pack...flying out on the 17th...I know I won't need my snowboots......lol...hardly needed them here this winter.

I'm packing an umbrella...because if I do, I probably won't need it. ;-)

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,533 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I usually don't do this........

82° right now in SA - warm enough for die-hards to take a dip. Sunday when I was actually at a river, the high was only 62°. :(

The lesson here is layers! Shorts (or jeans if you must,) short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt that could go on over that, and a jacket (I use fleece.) Works all winter round in these parts.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I usually don't do this........

Layering is always a good idea...how far is San Antonia from Galveston?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I usually don't do this........

Weather in winter and early spring is unpredictable. We had several occasions this month where it was 45* one day and 80* the next. With the severe drought we experienced last year, no one around here is complaining about the rain we're having. But it won't last - it'll be hot and humid before you know it.

BTW - it's supposed to be 78* tomorrow and Thursday.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I usually don't do this........

No matter what the weather, I'll be there....been researching....there's a lot to do in Galveston.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I usually don't do this........

Funny - I went to Chicago last summer to get away from the heat down here. When I got there, a heat wave rolled in and it was almost 100*

You just have to roll with the punches I guess.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,533 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I usually don't do this........

Galveston is about 3 hours east and an hour south of SA

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I usually don't do this........

GenericUserID:

You must have been in Chicago last July...it was so hot the whole month...we do not live in Chicago...just west of the city...I don't remember it being that hot in July for a long, long time.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I usually don't do this........

Yes, it was over July 4th holiday. Stayed at The Elysian Hotel. HIGHLY recommend it!!