We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer family planning

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Summer family planning

I'm looking for suggestions on renting a condo for my family with young children (3 and 1) for this summer. Ideally on the Gulf side but with other family amenities. I liked the look of Pointe West but with the amenities all closed, that doesn't seem like a good idea.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer family planning

Look into SeaScape. It is further down on the west end, so you'd have to drive into Galveston if you wanted a restaurant or entertainment. But the property has a private beach on the gulf. The units are all different, so check the unit's pictures. Also, the kitchens have different features too, so that is something to pay attention to when reserving.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer family planning

Pointe West is on the San Luis Pass Rd. and quite a distance from the city of Galveston. Do you want to stay in Galveston or away from town?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer family planning

I would rather be close to the beach than the nightlife. we'll most likely be eating in.

Orange
Level Contributor
69 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer family planning

I have heard good things about the Galvestonian

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer family planning

We always see tons of cars at Seascape. http://www.galveston.com/seascape/ Keep in mind that it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get from Point West back into Galveston (near 61st street) and back to the Sea Wall. We always plan ahead and take all our groceries and supplies to our beach house so that we don't have to make that long trip back to town as much. The kids would probably have more fun closer to town and all the attractions. I do believe if you book through Galveston.com there is a free coupon booklet for attractions. 3 and under get in free at Moody Gardens and the kids love it there! Have fun!

6. Re: Summer family planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 17, 2013