We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip Report

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Short Trip Report

I think we were there the last week before the cold front hit and it's too cold to swim in the Gulf. I am always hesitant to suggest that people swim in Galveston in October, but we were able to slip in a few days of swimming over the last weekend. Plus we were able to swim in our hotel's unheated swimming pool several times. We even got sunburned!

I really enjoyed watching the Harvest Moon Regata that began on Saturday. Several hundred sailboats-spinnakers, non-spinnakers, yachts, bi-hulls, tri-hulls, and every size boat you can imagine set sail from Galveston for Port Aransas. 150 miles of open sea for the winner. They were beautiful to behold on their way out. The beginning point of the race was the old Flagship Hotel.

We had our traditional seafood dinner at Bennos - blue crabs Cajun style for me, and blackened flounder for hubby. I've attached pictures.

Hope you have a great time if you're going...just don't expect to swim in the Gulf. It's getting very chilly.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,002 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip Report

Thanks for posting the food pictures- the crabs look scrumptious! Where did you stay?

2. Re: Short Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Galveston