We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

Crowley, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

We are going on a cruise and would like to know about safe hotels to leave car that has shuttle to and from ship with free parking

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

I know the Comfort Suites does, and I think the Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach offers it also. Other hotels may offer rates that include parking.

Happy cruising!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,962 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

Hilton is very nice and provides free shuttle to cruise dock and free parking in a secure lot while on the cruise.

…hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/GLSGIHF/index.do

DFW, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

We always stay at the Howard Johnson's on Harborside right off the causeway once you hit the island. We leave our vehicle there for the week and never have a problem. They have a shuttle pick up in the parking lot, from Discount Cruise parking across the street, for $10 per person round trip and we were impressed at how cordial they were and efficient. You have to be a guest here that previous night and get a permit from the office to leave your car there. Clean rooms and very affordable. Just fine for one night pre-cruise.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

I looked at this recently. I like the Hotel Galvez package available through the end of the year which includes valet parking and shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. Haven't booked it yet, though, as we're still looking at cruise deals.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

Coastal Dreams B&B offers free cruise parking in a lot that is located about a block from the terminal. You would need to stay the night before, or the night returning from your cruise.

http://coastaldreamsbnb.com/

Edited: 8:34 pm, October 24, 2011
6. Re: Galveston cruises hotel free parking & shuttles 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Galveston