We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in Galveston with family and friends

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
531 reviews
Save Topic
weekend in Galveston with family and friends

I was in Houston for work and cruised on down to Galveston to meet up with some friends and family for the weekend. Shopped a bit on the Strand, met a friend for a super tasty lunch at the Mesquito Cafe-I loooove that place! On to Patty Cake's Bakery next door to load up on goodies for the weekend-great stuff and great prices. The chocolate croissant was so perfect! Chilled out at beach house for a while and then off to dinner at Fisherman's Wharf, we made it in time for happy hour appetizer specials which were all tasty. I had shrimp platter that was so so, my cousin had the stuffed flounder with ponchatrain sauce-wow was it good! Another cousin had stuffed mahi with a crab cream sauce that was really good. We walked the Strand, my aunt bought all of us girls beach hats-much fun trying them all on!! Saturday we beached for several hours, water was great, pretty clear-no seaweed at all, built a sandcastle and promptly destroyed it! Cleaned up and the 11 of us headed in different directions, aunt, uncle and little kids went to Star Pharmacy to check it out-my granddad was a pharmacist with a food counter so they wanted to try it, some went to Captain Jack's and me and 2 others went to Bistro LeCroy-shared crab cakes and boudin balls for app's, shared muffaletta sandwich that was very tasty and other cousin had etouffee which he enjoyed. Family met back up and shopped the Strand, hit LA Kings for assorted gummy candies for everyone-gummy coke bottles were soooo good, we'd forgotten how good! Again the group split, some for music, some for putt putt and the rest of us back to the house to chill. Tons of food in the house so had a late night snack there. Up and out Sun morning, I stopped at my friend's house for a visit and we brunched at the Country Club-very tasty bfast and lunch buffet, more visiting on the front deck enjoying the breeze then headed north to Arlington.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend in Galveston with family and friends

Sounds like you had a great, short get-away. Thanks for the report, and I loved your food descriptions!

2. Re: weekend in Galveston with family and friends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 11, 2012