We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

we reserved a week at the Escapes to galveston from march 20th to 27th of this year, I was hoping with it being spring break time frame there would be fun things to do like parasailing and bannana boat rides and jet skiing, but so far online all I have found to do is an air boat tour and the water park. We were hoping for some adventurious things to do with our 14 and 16 year old boys since we are leaving out 1 and 4 year olds with their grandparents, but all i'm finding is shopping and museums, flying kites, sand castles and searching for sea shells which would be better for the younger kids. As a military family we don't get many vacations when my husband is not deployed, but I have a feeling our teenagers are going to be dissapointed that I picked Galveston.

I'm hoping someone knows the area and could tell me if there are some fun things to do with teenagers who don't want to take scenic tours or trolley rides, they were interested in the sea turtle tour but the website says that it is closed due to the oil slick.

thanx so much for any help!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

we had a great time in Galveston, we stayed at the Escapes which was right on the beach, we didn't have to cross the busy road to get to the beach.

thanx for all the suggestions! our segway tour ended up being canceled and took almost the whole vacation to try and get my credit card refunded the $240 even though they were the ones who canceled on me, I sure wouldn't recomend them to anyone. Besides that we had a great time, we did the baywatch dolphin tour for $10 each and i got some great pictures of dolphins. The next day we did the Kemah boardwalk all day pass and had a blast and ate at the aquarium, the kids really liked it. The wooden rollercoaster was a blast we went on it over a dozen times. We took the boys paint balling in Houston at Tank's paintball and although I still have wounds all over my body from it we still had a great time LOL. We rented bikes and rode on the seawall, and brought 4 boogie boards with us to catch some waves although the waves there in Galveston were not very good compared to southern california like I was raised with but still alot of fun. We also went to the Schlitterbahn indoor water park which was alot of fun. Also the open house for the Kemp Ridley turtle research facility was the day before we left, the kids loved the huge turtles and the baby turtles and the dolphin rescue hospital, that was everyone's favorite activity it's too bad they aren't open to the public more often as I would love to tour it again next year when we are going to bring all 4 of our kids to Galveston.

thanx again everyone, to all those who live in galveston you are so lucky it is just beautiful there!

12. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, April 02, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

Thanks for posting a trip report Sierra. I'm glad you had a good time. Did you find any good places to eat, or did you cook all your meals in the condo?

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

we were on a budget so most breakfast and lunches were in the condo. We did splurge to go to the aquarium at Kemah, it was expensive but the kids loved it. We at at Capitol Q bbq, for $7.45 you get 1/2 a chicken that they cut right in front of you and 2 sides, the chicken was a little dry but that's because it's smoked chicken but the flavor was awesome. They were having a patio party which was really loud and we kind of ate as fast as we could to get away although my 16 year old son enjoyed the view of the girls dancing in bikinis on the patio ha ha. :) Our favorite place was called The Spot right on the seawall they had the best onion rings and hamburgers, a little pricey for a burger joint but really yummy. With teenagers they love buffets so we ate at Ryan's on our way home from paintballing since it's in texas city right on the way back to galveston, and also ate at golden corral, they were both the same as in every town. We ate at Maggie Rita's in the strand shopping part of town, they had wonderful fajitas and mexican food with a nice atmosphere.

The only down side of the vacation is while we were there my husband was notified he had orders to deploy to the desert on the 11th of this month, we wouldn't have taken a vacation away from our 2 and 4 year old girls if we knew he would be deploying but atleast we got great memories with our boys. :)

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
254 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

Going with two teenage boys at the end of May. Let me know what you did and how it was :)

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

i wrote a long post describing most of the things that we did it's on the same thread as the original question u just replied to, hope it helps, have a great time!

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
254 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

I see it all now. Not sure how I missed it. Thanks for the info :)

Galveston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

We're in Galveston now! Came down for my daughters 16th Birthday. We have hit Moody Gardens, The Pleasure Pier and Kemah Boardwalk. We ate at Rainforest Cafe for her Birthday dinner...it was GREAT! The next night ate at Bubba Gumps...my favorite! And another night at Joe's Crab Shack. Absolutely loved Bodies Revealed at Moody Gardens and the Kemah Bardwalk was fun. The teenagers rode The Beast, but it wasn't a "thrill" ride as advertised, it just got you extremely wet and it was pricey. Everything has been extremely expensive, but we have had a good time!

Orange
Level Contributor
68 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

Be sure and check out the Strand area. Lots of neat shops, a haunted hotel, and good film of the 1900 hurricane

Forney, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Things for teenagers to do in Galveston?

This is a link for parasailing. It starts in March.

…yourhoustonnews.com/mobile/greater_houston/…