We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! We Need Knowledge!

FORT PARTY WORTH,TX
Level Contributor
111 posts
9 reviews
Help! We Need Knowledge!

We plan a Sat. beach stay at Stewart Beach (with a 10 yr. old) and just trying to get some Hometown/Been there done that flavor to get the BEST ideas from the EXPERTS!

In/Out availability?

The Slides for Kids? (should we go to a water park instead)

Best spot for sea shells (not high on my list)

Can't miss doing this?

Thanks to everyone that relays, we have BIG LOVE for this site and our peeps who reside and reply here!

Be Safe in Your Travels My Friends!

Edited: 8:45 pm, May 17, 2010
FORT PARTY WORTH,TX
Level Contributor
111 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Help! We Need Knowledge!

This is for Stewart Beach.............Sorry!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,803 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Help! We Need Knowledge!

I've only been to Stewart Beach once but here's my experience. No in and out. Gets pretty crowded, but manageable. No shells that I know of- hopefully a local can share some secrets. Beach is beach - no slides but riding waves, body surfing, skim boarding is fun.

Galveston
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
3. Re: Help! We Need Knowledge!

Check out the beach cam here to see the beach before you go- http://www.galveston.com/beachcam/ it does get crowded on the weekends but I think you will find it works smoothly.

There is one blow up waterslide. If you are looking for waterpark but Schlitterbahn is much for fun www.schlitterbahn.com/gal

You can also check out the must see Moody Gardens www.moodygardens.org they do have a small waterpark there also, might be a better beach experience for you.

Seashelling is best on the West end of the Island, not the East.

www.galveston.com has tons of information also.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Help! We Need Knowledge!

The ten yr old would probably like to arrive or depart by the Ferry, which is

on the Stewart Beach end of the island. If you can ever get down in the early Fall you will not have to fight the crowds, but still have warm weather. Take

pics. She will enjoy rolling her eyes at them in a couple of years.

5. Re: Help! We Need Knowledge!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 17, 2010