We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

I know it is not hot the end of March/early April in Galveston but there are no outdoor pools open? We are looking to rent a beach house and some of the rental companies say we would have access to either Sea Isle community pool or the Country Club pool. I looked into these and they don't open until May.

I wonder if the hotels have their pools open. We really wanted to rent a beach house and be able to use a pool.

Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

I cannot answer about beach house rentals but I do know that most of the hotels will have their pools open during spring break.

The kids love going to Galveston for Spring break and this year is no exception, we will be there again. Last year we went to the beach and my daughter did go in the water. It was too cold for me and I am hopeful that the weather will be sunny and warm.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

nrh
Magnolia, Texas
Level Contributor
422 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

The Schlitterbahn Water Park has an indoor area that's open year round. As far as other pools go, unless they're heated, the water would still be on the chilly side that time of year. (I'm a big sissy!) I like bath tub temperature swimming water. That's why I live on the Gulf Coast!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,771 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

Community pools and the like depend on school aged lifeguards and generally don't open until school's out. Don't know specifics, but I assume many motels keep their pools open year round. Whether or not it's too cold is up to you.

Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

I found condos that keep the pool open year round and keep it heated :) There is a chance it will be really warm weather the end of March. Of course there is a chance it will be chilly too. But if it is 65 and sunny a heated pool will be really nice.

If we have a rainy/cold day the indoor waterpark will be a good option.

Hoping for warm weather but as long as it is not COLD, I will be happy :)

Galveston
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

Condos do vary on pool openings. Most hotels however do have heated pools and encourage people to enjoy them. The surf will still be a little cool but you can check the water temps on www.galvestonbeachpatrol.com.

Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

The new heated "year-round" water park (Schlitterbahm) is an option. Next door (within walking distance) is Moody Gardens (google it) and the recently-upgraded golf course. You might want to check out Moody Gardens (and all other hotel/condo options) on TripAdvisor. You could also contact the convention and visitors bureau for advice (but, again, be sure to double-check it with TripAdvisor).

7. Re: Spring in Galveston...NO pools???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 03, 2010