We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Cruise port.

NJ
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Cruise port.

We are thinking about taking a cruise out of Galveston. What would be a good hotel to stay at near the port. We don't have a car. We will be flying in from the Houston airport.

Thanks

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Cruise port.

We have stayed at Best Western Beachfront Inn and found it quite good.

Talk to your cruise company about transportation from the airport. It can be quite expensive. The cab from the hotel to the port is not bad, though.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Cruise port.

We've stayed at both the Super 8 and the Baytown Suites. Both were very near the beach but not the cruise port. However, we had a car so that was not an issue. I think a cab ride to the port was only about $12. The place I found the most useful information was cruisecritic.com. Check out the message boards and look under port section for Galveston.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
624 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Cruise port.

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites which is right off the interstate at the 61st exit; our room was nice and I think we paid $95 in July.

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Cruise port.

Try the Holiday Inn on the Seawall...they provide free shuttle to and from the Cruise terminal.

Galveston
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Cruise port.

You can also check www.cruisegalveston.com. If you book through there you get a lot of discount coupons and shuttle information from hotels. Most places do offer a free shuttle from the hotel.

tokiww@sbcglobal.net
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Cruise port.

I see that you stayed at candelwood suites are they really nice.I will be traveling in July 2010.

7. Re: Hotel near Cruise port.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 06, 2010