We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

Calgary Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

We are going to be cruising out of Galveston and need a place to stay overnight.

There will be 6 of us so we need 3 rooms.

Also appreciate a good resturant recomendation.

Thanks in advance

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

I have precruise reservations at Holiday Inn on the Beach on Seawall Boulevard. They offer free parking while on cruise and free shuttle t/f the pier. Other Galveston hotels that offer precruise packages can be found at the following website:

www.parksleepfly.com

Restaurant recommendation: Gaido's. (pronounced "guide-oh's") The place is an institution in Galveston. I haven't been there in several years, but the best, most tender steak I ever had was at Gaido's. Not cheap though!

Which ship are you sailing, what date?

Calgary Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

We are crusing on Rhapsody of the Seas over xmas and new years.

thanks for your ideas

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

I hear the Tremont House is very nice. It is located very close to the cruise terminal and the Strand district.

Houston
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

Try the Comfort Inn at 102 Seawall Blvd. This is a fairly new hotel directly across from Steward Beach and close to the downtown area and cruise terminal. They have free parking and a shuttle bus to the cruise terminal.

If you would like a condo on the beach, try the Islander East. You can park for free during your cruise and have a great night right on the beach before and after.

Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

Hi...We also are going on the Galaxy this February. Any suggestions on a clean decent affordable hotel in Galveston to stay at a night or two then leave our car for 12 nights? Thanks in advance.

California
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

We are considering a cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas in 2007 & was curious if you would reccomend this ship to others.

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean before on their mega ship the Explorer of the Seas & was curious how the smaller ship faired.

Thanks in advance,

Kalena

Oregon
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

I guess that I am not giving you information here, but we are considering going on the same cruise too, and I am trying to find out

the same info that you are asking for!

We cruised on the Empress of the Seas for 11 nights down in the

southern Caribbean, and it was wonderful. We really enjoyed the ship, it was smaller and older, but perfect for us.

Hopefully someone who has been on that ship will respond to your questions.

Lanie Jo

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

I've stayed at that Holiday Inn a couple of years ago, and if you get a good deal, it's fine. The seawall is not within walking distance of the Strand area, so keep that in mind if you don't have a car. If you want to walk along the beach, go to the seawall. If you want to browse antique shops and look at a few new orleans style buildings, go to the strand. Try Landry's on the Seawall-that's my favorite.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

We are also cruising out of Galveston this weekend and I am looking for a hotel room for Saturday night, but our delima is that there is 5 of us. For the cruise we ended up getting 2 cabins, but for just the one night stay we would like to save a few bucks and get one room, any ideas of hotels here that can accomadate 5. When you do searches on the travel sites, they won't accomadate the request.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendations near cruise ships

Thanks you to Greeneyes above for the "parksleepfly.com" website, just what I needed!