We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galveston - Car Rental & Cruise

Calgary
Level Contributor
47 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Galveston - Car Rental & Cruise

Hi, We are going on a cruise in Feb. from Galveston, however, we have a few days in Houston prior to the cruise. We wanted to rent a car but not keep it for the time we are on the cruise. Do you know if there is any car rental place that you can drop the vehicle off on Sunday? Thanks!

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galveston - Car Rental & Cruise

Enterprise is the only car rental that will let you pick up in Houston (at the airport), but drop off in Galveston. Unfortunately, they are not open on Sunday and close at noon on Saturday, so that is the latest you can drop off. Not very convenient for cruisers. I wish they would change their days/hours to accommodate more people.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galveston - Car Rental & Cruise

Maybe you could spend Saturday night in Galveston and drop the car on Saturday. I think I've read the Holiday Inn Express has a shuttle to the port.

Try reading some old threads on the subject and maybe you'll find some more helpful hints.

Welcome to Houston and Galveston!!

3. Re: Galveston - Car Rental & Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 09, 2009