We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach near MD Anderson Hospital in Houston

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beach near MD Anderson Hospital in Houston

My husband & I will be at MD Anderson the second week of December. We will have a weekend to vacation and would like to rent a car & drive to a nearby beach.

We want to relax on a beach and stay in a beach front hotel. We'd like a scenic drive. We may not book a hotel & instead just drive along the coast until we find a nice beach & hotel. We may want to drive to a new place each day.

Any suggestions?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
148 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach near MD Anderson Hospital in Houston

Well, the nearest beach is Galveston but that still hasn't recovered from Hurricane Ike so I don't think that is a good place to go. I would suggest heading towards Port Aransas which is north of Corpus Christi. Quiet little beach town..nothing fancy. Beach at that time of the year will be mostly empty... A place we like to stay is BeachGate Condos. Just stayed for a weekend last month and it was wonderful. Up the road a bit is Rockport which a very quaint artsy town. A nice B&B there is Hoope's House. Coming down from Houston along the water you would go thru Aransas Nat'l Wildlife Refuge...lots of great birding.

2. Re: beach near MD Anderson Hospital in Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 12, 2009