We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't stay at the Baymont Inn

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford
1 post
Save Topic
Don't stay at the Baymont Inn

When I made a reservation with this hotel I was told there was a 24 hr cancellation notice. Unfortunately, when I tried to cancel at 9:30 a.m. more than 24hr before the reservation, I was denied and told that there is a 48 hr notice. Then to make things worse the assistant manager began aurgueing with me and proceeded to call me a liar. This lead to a half an hour of aurgueing and being hung up on three times. I then tried to speak to the manager, which I found out was the husband of the assistant manager. It appears this hotel is a francise. I have made an attempt to get my credit card credited back the money, not even the corporate office of Wyndam hotels will make a attempt. The only thing they had to do was acknowledge the mistake and not charge me for a service I did not receive, I'm sure that on a holiday week they very easily could rent the room out. The only thing I have to hope for is that my credit card company will investigate and retrieve the funds back. I'm sure that I'm not the only complaint on this place. According to the internet comments this place should very easily be removed from the control of Ashvinkuma Gandhi and Hema Gandhi.

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't stay at the Baymont Inn

We stayed at the Baymont Inn last year. It was brand new, just opened and we were the first to stay in the rooms facing the ocean.

The worksmanship was shoddy. Very poorly done.

The worst part was the front desk crew. We were treated very badly by the lady who worked on the night desk. I was sitting in the lobby area with a friend playing a song on my laptop. I am 50+ years old, not a teenage listening to hip hop. The volume was very low. But the front desk lady yelled at me and told me she would throw me out of the hotel if I did not go back to my room. Total gestopo attitude.

I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't stay at the Baymont Inn

Did you post a review on TA. This thread will disappear in a few days and it will be helpful for others travelers if you posted on the hotelreview section.

Sorry to hear you were that disappointed.

Tet

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
995 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't stay at the Baymont Inn

I'm at the Baymont right now, except for a musty smell in lobby near elevators, the place is spotless, they are skimpy on towels but got 4 for 2 people when i asked. Beds firm but comfy.

Not sure what up but for 90/night i feel great about this hotel!

4. Re: Don't stay at the Baymont Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 09, 2009