We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted: Info on Insider Deals! What is FREE to do? Cheap?

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Wanted: Info on Insider Deals! What is FREE to do? Cheap?

Hi!

My husband and I are planning a last minute trip to Galveston. We are not looking to spend very much money.

As a default, we would just hang out at the pool and beach, visit state parks, walk the strand, and pick up groceries to make in the condo we are staying at. Do you have any other good inexpensive or free ideas of what we can do?

Any great restuarant specials? 2 for 1? etc.. Free Museums on certain days? Free samples at ??

You know what I am talking about! Let's spread the word.

Thank you for your advice! Happy Travels!

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanted: Info on Insider Deals! What is FREE to do? Cheap?

Hi!

I found this link to some free things. Thought I would pass it on.

http://www.sandnsea.com/galveston-freefun.htm

Free & Fun

Shelling

Fishing

Crabbing

Walking or Jogging on the Beach or Seawall

Bird Watching

Galveston Island Ferry

Take Seawall Blvd. east to Ferry Road

Artwalk

Art galleries and shops in the Historic District open their doors on one Saturday evening each month from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. to introduce their latest art shows.

Call for dates and information.

Galveston County Historical Museum

2219 Market

Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Sunday 12 a.m - 4 p.m.

FREE

Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle Research Center

4700 Ave U

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10 a.m.

FREE

Mardi Gras Museum

2309 Ships Mechanic Row

Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.;

Sunday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.

FREE

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanted: Info on Insider Deals! What is FREE to do? Cheap?

Ride the ferry over to Bolivar and watch the dolphins. Go down to the harbor and walk down by the shrimp boats and see all of the pelicans perched on the rocks.

It might not be free but you should see the film on the storm of 1900, it is very touching. I think the Galveston County Historical museum may be free, it's been a while but it is great and full of great historical pictures and info on the island of Galveston.

Sit on the strand out side of the Mo Bettah Market and people watch while sipping a cold beer :-)

Just ride around and see all of the beautiful historical homes.

Make sure you stop on the Seawall and see the monument dedicated to the ones who lost their lives in the storm of 1900.

have fun! Galveston is a really neat place :-)

3. Re: Wanted: Info on Insider Deals! What is FREE to do? Cheap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, September 01, 2009