We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snakes at Enchanted Rock?

Which Fredericksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lebanon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
73 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Snakes at Enchanted Rock?

Do I have to be concerned with running into snakes while hiking up Enchanted Rock? Just wondering...there's a person in our group who wouldn't be comfortable with that.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,347 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snakes at Enchanted Rock?

There are snakes there, but I've never seen them myself. No you do not have to be concerned about running into them. Snakes don't like people, so they shy away from the areas that people walk.

Marlin Texas USA
Level Contributor
248 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snakes at Enchanted Rock?

Snakes feel vibrations, so if you wear decent shoes (no flip-flops) and walk sturdily, the snake will feel you coming and get out of the way. Just don't stick your hand in any spot where you can't see, like under rocks, and don't wander too far off the trails.

There are more tourists than snakes, so don't be too worried about encountering a snake!

Granbury TX
Level Contributor
41 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snakes at Enchanted Rock?

No. Use caution and you will be fine. Snakes prefer to bit Tourist, oops, I mean, you will be fine.haha

4. Re: Snakes at Enchanted Rock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fredericksburg