We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

Mansfield, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

Me and my 2 sisters are planning a trip to Fredericksburg in October. We want a luxurous cottage or suite...close to town.

Sounds strange but we would like a big TV so we can lounge around and rest. Thanks

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

I don't have any specific info on lodging for Fredricksburg (we always do it as a day trip) but I think a B & B is going to be your best bet.

Take a look at Rose Hill http://www.rose-hill.com/ Again no personal experience so internet information is all I know.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,802 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

This service handles many of the B&B's in the area. Just tell them what you are looking for...

http://www.fredericksburg-lodging.com/

Fredericksburg...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

Gammie76063:

Hi there! I’m writing on behalf of the Fredericksburg Convention & Visitor Bureau. We’re so pleased you and your sisters are planning a visit. Sounds like you are hoping for a relaxing visit -- we can deliver! Fredericksburg and Gillespie County has over 350 B&Bs/Inns/guest ranches to choose from, so log on to our all inclusive lodging website at www.VisitFredericksburgTX.org for a quick look at what’s available. You will be able to query your search of the listings by cost, in-town/out-of-town, TV, pet-friendly, etc., to specifically find properties that match your requirements. There are also reservation services listed with professionals on staff to assist with any requests. In preparation for your visit, send your mailing address to us at visitorinfo@fbgtx.org and we’ll mail you our Attractions & Dining Guide – full of handy information about restaurants, museums, etc. Once in Fredericksburg, stop by our Visitor Information Center located at 302 E. Austin St. – we have plenty of free maps, brochures, etc., and staff available with answers to any Fredericksburg/Gillespie County-related questions. We’re here to help -- call us at 1-888-997-3600. Thank you for considering Fredericksburg for your sisters’ retreat – we’re so pleased to welcome you!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

if your staying a few days...this might be interest..in Gruene, TX in New Braunfels.

www.gruenemansioninn.com

wine tasting, Texas music, general store

www.gruenetexas.com

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

T hombre - is Gruene your favorite place on earth? :) Not that I'm arguing.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

If you go to Gruene, check out the Gruene Apple - great place.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

indeed Gruene is one of my favorites.....more compact, easier access, Guadalupe river etc. ....was thinking in part when the poster said relaxing and lounging-what better way to do those things while overlooking the Guad. river? Plus, I have actually stayed overnight in Gruene.

Fredericksburg is nice but after you've been several times, it becomes the same routine...shopping(overpriced) and eating.

Due to the number of B&Bs in Fredericksburg it can really get confusing unless you have a personal reccommendation for a specific B&B.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

Agreed. We get to Gruene a couple of times per month, usually to see music. Don't usually hang out there to relax. Usually go see music, eat, cruise the antique stores, head home. I guess two things work against me remembering how special it is. 1. It's so close guess and we go so often, I take it for granted a little too much. 2. We head to Bandera (Sister's land on the Medina) to sit and relax.

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

Rose Hill is FABULOUS and you don't meet hosts nicer then Patti and Bob.

10. Re: 3 sisters going to Fredericksburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 11, 2010