We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Octoberfest

Murchison, Texas
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Octoberfest

I haven't been to Fredricksburg since I was a child, but we have been saying for several years that we were going to come down to hill country for a weekend getaway. I have been thinking of Austin, but if we stay downtown the prices are pretty outrages and the only reason to stay there would be to bar hop around 5th-6th street. So then my thoughts turned to Fredricksburg. Not only could we take in the cities local flavor, we might do LBJ, Luckenback, touristy stuff. I thought coming for Octoberfest would be really fun. My question is, are the crowds going to be terrible, or will it still be pretty laid back? This will probably be a late anniversary trip(been married 11 yrs in August)Would we be better off coming up another weekend in October? We don't want huge crowds and long lines everywhere. Anybody have any suggestions?

Shannon

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Octoberfest

howdy! I've been to Oktoberfest in F'burg many, many times, and it is always a fun time.

http://www.oktoberfestinfbg.com/

It is not crowded in my opinion especially compared to Wurstfest in New Braunfels. The F'burg fest is very laid back and tends to attract an older, more relaxed crowd. The food and beer are fantastic....there are games and arts/crafts....plus, you can walk up/down Main Street to take a break. I highly recommend it.

Murchison, Texas
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Octoberfest

Thanks for the quick reply, sounds fantastic. I think we will make a go of it if I get the ok from hubby. I found a great rate @ Miller Inn, have you heard of it before?

3. Re: Octoberfest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, December 30, 2009