We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local dining experiences

Which Fredericksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
136 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Local dining experiences

Heading to Texas and will be in Fredricksburg area as well as Gonzales. Looking for ideas of local favorites - no chains - for barbeque and mexican as well as german/bohemian. Patio would be nice to enjoy the outdoors - willing to travel off the beaten path. Any ideas? Thanks.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local dining experiences

You must go to Alamo Springs out by the bat cave. I believe that the road you take is Old San Antonio Road and follow the signs to the bat cave. The resturant is right down the road on the right. The best hamburger I have ever put in my mouth. Everything there is good. Outside seating also. It is a nice drive through the country and it is off the beaten path.

Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local dining experiences

Ditto---LOVE Alamo Springs, and when you sit outside, you are really in the country. The bats fly from March-Oct, and it's very cool. Der Lindenbaum seems to be the most popular for authentic German food, and I would recommend Bejas (on Main Street) for good mexican "cuisine" and a great patio.

3. Re: Local dining experiences

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, August 26, 2009