We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oktoberfest

Which Fredericksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sherman, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Oktoberfest

Hi! I'm thinking of traveling to Fredericksburg for their annual Oktoberfest. If you've been, please let me know what you thought about the festival and any headaches you encountered. Thanks!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,340 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oktoberfest

I've only been as a day tourist but if you're planning to spend the night, I'd book soon. Fredericksburg is relatively small and I would assume that accommodations go quickly.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oktoberfest

i've been twice to Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg and three times to Wurstfest in New Braunfels. Both are fun, and it just depends on what you want to experience. Oktoberfest in F'burg is much, much smaller and more family-oriented. Wurstfest in New Braunfels is like a crazy frat party especially at night. Both have carnival rides, arts & crafts, live "oompa" bands, plenty of food & lots of beer! I prefer the F'burg Oktoberfest, because I'm 35 and like the relaxed atmosphere of the event. With that said, I usually find that I get my fill of it all after about 3 hours. The only "headaches" have been experienced by my wife waiting in line to go to the only "real" restroom in the place as she will not go in the "port-o-lets". Otherwise, it's a good time, and if you've never done anything like this, then you'll like it......just don't expect to be entertained for more than a day or an evening.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,340 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oktoberfest

TH, you didn't mention the part about lederhosen! :) and just how many polkas can one listen to without getting a "headache?"

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oktoberfest

very true! that polka music is kind of hard to get out of your head and a silent drive home is always a welcome event. : ) but, it's still a fun time if you like sausage and beer!

Dallas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Oktoberfest

Rooms do book quickly .. one recommendation - do NOT book at Hoffman Haus .. the WORST people we've ever dealt with in this normally very friendly town.

Get answers to your questions about Fredericksburg