We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fortworth itinerary suggestions

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Fortworth itinerary suggestions

Hi all, will be in fortworth june 1,2,3 have booked into the omni hotel,apart from the stockyards, fortworth zoo, and sundance square, havent yet put together an itineraray, any suggestions greatly appreciated, oh ! will also be hoping to do the cowboys stadium tour, ( will be in Dallas start of may and was advised the tour would be easier from fortworth ) cheers guys

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

As posted i arrive late on the sunday night ,so i have 2 full days ( mon-tues) happy to pay the $26 eachway without the stop at chefs point, do you think that would work, if so what would be the best time to get a taxi, regarding the traffic, ? cheers jb

12. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:27 am, February 08, 2014
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

I would budget over $60 for the round trip to include tax and tip. Also, try and set up the return in advance to minimize the wait.

If you're a true numismatist, it's a unique opportunity. But without a car, it's at least a half day of a very limited schedule.

If you go, I would shoot for a morning (closed Monday & weekends) leaving anytime after 8:30. You'll be going against traffic particularly if you stay off I-35 which can be a bear at almost anytime of day between Fort Worth and Alliance Airport.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

As much as the Bureau of Engraving is very interesting, if I had only one cab ride to use, I would take it to Watauga and the Chef Point Cafe. The food is very good and creative- how often can you say you had a gourmet meal at a gas station :-) People I have taken there still rave about the bread pudding.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

Thanks for all the tips and advice guys,I think the general consensus is probably not to go ,given the traffic and time frame,I really want to see the fortworth zoo,I've read it's one of the best in the country,so I guess with the downtown area attractions and the zoo,that's probably 2 full days anyhow,still a chance when I'm in Dallas on May 2nd to 5th I may also visit the stockyards rodeo on the Saturday night ( not sure until I finalise an itinerary)

I will post my suggested itinerary on Dallas and Fortworth on each forum so will love advice on whether it's doable or not,cheers guys

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,025 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

John - you will get a very nice meal at Woodshed which was mentioned earlier. It's located near the Ft Worth Zoo (which is an excellent zoo). Early May will be nice and they have great outdoor dining.

Chef Point would be interesting. And you'd meet interesting people there. It was featured on a tv show. If you go to their website, you'll see it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

PEPPER/POODLEONE, cant believe my oversight, i wont get to my hotel until around 8pm on the sunday, but my flight home on wednesday 4th june is 9-55pm , from DFW of course, my checkout from the omni is 11am, firstly i ll be asking for a late checkout,so theres quiete a few hours i have to spare,is it reasonable to think as a last hurrah to have dinner at chefs point ( i know its not directly in the path of DFW, and yes i will have a suitcase and carry bag, if so as an eg, leave omni around 5pm arrange dinner at chefs point around 5-30 and then get a taxi to DFW so im there by 7-30 ,plenty of time to check in, whats your view or am i taking chances with traffic at those times and will a taxi be easy to get around 7PM to get to DFW ( and i did check out there website pepper, looks very cool and the food looks delicious )

Edited: 5:33 pm, February 08, 2014
18. Re: Fortworth itinerary suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 10, 2015