We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

Need to fly to fort lauderdale from Dallas Fort Worth for a cruise.

We are flying into FLL the day before the cruise.

We are flying onto DFW from Sydney and staying Overnight at Grand HyAtt at DFW airport, so we want to catch a flight from DFW and not Dallas Love Field.

Don't know whether to fly AA which is non stop, or Delta which has a stopover in Atlanta.

I've read that AA is not a very reliable airline so I don't know whether to fly direct with them & hope for no problems or fly with the more reliable Delta and have stop over of a hour or so in Atlanta.

The pricing is roughly the same and as I said we are flying into FLL the day before the cruise, so maybe I'm worrying too much.

Any thoughts on both airlines and reliability (not taking weather delays into account which i know could happen) would be appreciated

Edited: 6:55 am, March 16, 2012
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,709 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

Avoid Atl...no reason to do anything but nonstop

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,948 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

I would suggest you re-post this in the air travel forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

You are joking about AA not being reliable, right? I fly on both and both are just as reliable as the other. In your case, AA is the better choice. (1) its non-stop (2) it's a one world carrier and you will get QANTAS FF miles or BA Avios if you collect thoses.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

No more worries on reliability with AA than with Delta. I always prefer to fly non-stop when economically feasible - less likely to have lost luggage and no worries of missing a connection if delayed by weather or mechanical issues.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

Gehrig; Many thanks for providing the link to the air travel forum, I never knew that forum existed.

j'smomTexas; Your reply has put me at ease, being from Australia I can only go off what I have read on various websites when researching about different airlines in US. I'll now book the direct AA route.

Edited: 6:50 pm, March 16, 2012
Texas
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

You're welcome kazda!

The air travel forum Gehrig mentioned is great. It's one of the busiest forums on TA. The experts there are always quick to answer.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,287 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

Good choice AA is a no brainer.

8. Re: DFWtto Fort Lauderdale, AA nonstop. Or Delta. 1stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 20, 2013