We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on hotel please

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on hotel please

We will be arriving in from Oz in early november and looking to stay and recoup in Dallas FW for 2 nights before heading off on our road trip.... I have been searching high and low and have found myself totally confused.... on where we should stay..

We are a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 10 year olds), we are not looking for the night life, but would like to visit Stockyards, eat at Billy Bobs and watch the cattle drive... Visit 7th floor museum and the grassy knoll..

So we are looking for something that is first and foremost in a safe area, free parking (will have a rental), DH wants breaky...

Not looking for a flashy place, just something that is safe, clean and comfortable....

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,555 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on hotel please

Not sure you will be able to get free parking at any hotel but I'm doing a similar trip in Oct 2011 and booked at Embassy Suites near Sundance Square based on price, location and amenities which include a free breakfast.

This might meet your needs - see link

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

TomC

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on hotel please

You can find free parking, just not at downtown hotels (which is true in any large city). My first choice would be the Hyatt Place in the Stockyards.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Another place to check is the TownPlace Suites just east of downtown- no free breakfast but they do have mini-kitchens and it is a fairly new Marriott property in a more residential area.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Next, look at the cluster of hotels off of University/I-30 west of downtown near the Cultural District (Springhill Suites University, Fairfield Inn and Suites University, Residence Inn Cultural District, etc).

Heading east, you might consider the hotels in Arlington in the Six Flags/Ballpark area- every chain known to man, all with free parking. That would put you mid way between FW and Dallas.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,005 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on hotel please

as far as the 6th floor museum and grassy knoll..that requires a trip to dallas..i would suggest a train trip to union station and a short walk up the street..you might as well hit up the west end marketplace since you will be in the area..

http://www.trinityrailwayexpress.org/

4. Re: Advice on hotel please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 15, 2012