We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hello, arriving in Dallas Fort Worth late October. Any suggestions where to stay, like to be in the city, easy walking distance to everything, appreciate any advice you can give re accomodations.

thanks Ruth

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Here are a couple of links which deal with a similar topic. Fort Worth is a great place to be. It has multiple entertainment component/venues - Sundance Square, the Stockyards, The Cultural District, Bass Performance Hall, the Botanical Gardens........ I'm certain to won't find yourself lacking for things to do.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55857-i500-k41758…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55857-i500-k41461…

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,910 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

i would stay in downtown fort worth...one of the best downtowns in the US...i may sound like a homer but its true...dallas is ok but its too big and the west end is dying and i dont feel very safe walking around there at night...ftw is great

http://www.dfwi.org/what-we-offer

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Stay at the Omni in Fort Worth if you are not concerned about budget. Beautiful hotel with great views and walking distance from everything in the city. The stockyard hotel is a great historical hotel to stay at. Smack dab in the middle of all the stockyard bars and restaurants.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,806 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

I'm also visiting in Oct and I decided to stay in the Embassy Suites in downtown Fort Worth based on price/location as well as the positive reviews it received.

It is a proper 2 room suite (living room & bedroom) with a complimentary breakfast - see link for more details.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

TomC

5. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 03, 2012