We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

We will be in Fort Worth in a few weeks, a local around here, Tulsa area, who grew up in Fort Worth told me the name of his fav Mexican Restaurant at the Stockyards, said it was the best, and I forgot the name! Any help, seems like he said it was close to the Cattlemans Steakhouse, which he also liked, please help!!

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

Probably your friend likes http://www.losvaqueros.com/stockyards.html It's a couple of blocks north of Cattlemen's on Main St.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

The most famous Mexican retaurant in the Stockyard area is Joe T. Garcia's...they have been in business for decades...a real Mexican food institution! However, my favorite Mexican food is the Stackyard area is El Asadero...less "Tex-Mex more Mexican....great mole and green chili enchiladas.

TX
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

I completely agree with jlhaskell! Joe T. Garcia's is indeed a Fort Worth institution, but as I have stated in a previous post I just don't care for their food. I find it unimaginative and just "blah" (although their outdoor dining area is gorgeous and they do make a killer margarita). We love traveling in Mexico and find that El Asadero is authentically Mexican. It's an unpretentious little hole in the wall, but quite popular among locals. Beware the salsa though ... hot, hot, hot!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

joe t's is an institution but doesnt crack my top 10... el asadero is a mile or so south on main street from stockyards..nice family run place, good food...los vaqueros is in stockyards across from billy bobs..they are good as well.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

As to the food at Joe T's, I agree with the consensus of others, but on a nice day, you cannot beat their beautiful, tropical like patio setting for an afternoon rest while sipping a chilled margarita. But, I don't know if they'll allow a "cocktail only" order.

6. Re: best mexican restaurant at the stockyards?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 22, 2012