We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying downtown?

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener
Level Contributor
998 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
staying downtown?

We are hoping to visit Forth Worth at the end of the month. Our plans are for two nights in Fort Worth and one in Dallas. My intention was to stay downtown and of course, this costs more money. In the case of Dallas/Fort Worth -- much more.

So, the question is as follows:

Will we be able to walk to enough moderately priced restaurants -- under $125 per couple in the downtown area from one of the hotels?

We will be seeing the galleries and the botanical gardens, so we will be driving regardless -- is parking plentiful downtown that we could just go for the evening and return to our hotel?

Thanks so much -- trying to put the best trip together for the least $$'s.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,821 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying downtown?

Will we be able to walk to enough moderately priced restaurants -- under $125 per couple in the downtown area from one of the hotels?

Yes

www.sundancesquare.com/dining/default.aspx

We will be seeing the galleries and the botanical gardens, so we will be driving regardless -- is parking plentiful downtown that we could just go for the evening and return to our hotel?

Yes

sundancesquare.com/maps/maps_directions.aspx

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,821 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying downtown?

If you are visiting either the Kimbell or Modern museums, both have excellent brunches. Also, the Kimbell is usually open on Friday evenings for a dinner buffet.

texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying downtown?

In downtown Ft. Worth, there are many nice hotels that are priced pretty well. If you go to sidestep.com and put in Ft. Worth (search Sundance Square area) then you will be able to find some great deals. My favorite downtown is The Embassy Suites (free breakfast and happy hour each day). Also, the new Omni just opened up. The nightlife in Downtown Ft. Worth is wonderful and you can walk everywhere you need to go!!

Have a great trip!

Kitchener
Level Contributor
998 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying downtown?

Thank you thank you! After much thought -- and your input, I will try to do the best I can to stay downtown if things are walkable. All reports are that Fort Worth is a wonderful city.

Yes, we love lunching at an art gallery and will look into make the appropriate reservations.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying downtown?

Ft Worth actually has a lot of free parking on nights and weekends and we've never had trouble finding a spot unless there was a major event like the arts festival.

for food downtown there's the Reatta, PF Chang's, Mi Cocina, Bob's Chop House at the Omni-pricier, Billy Miner's burgers, Jake's burgers, Uno's pizza, Razoo's, and more so there's something for all price ranges.

I love love love the botanical gardens!

On the south side of I30 just across from downtown is Magnolia St, it's in the hospital district and this area is making a comeback. There are several places to eat: King Tut's, The Spiral Diner (vegetarian), Benito's, Ellerbe's, Palermo's, and more all between Hemphill and Summit on Magnolia.

Have a great time!

6. Re: staying downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 07, 2010