We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kid friendly hotel suggestions

texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
kid friendly hotel suggestions

Hi

Any suggestions ?

Which area is safe and close to tourist attractions?

Thanks

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kid friendly hotel suggestions

Like what? Zoo? Museums? Stockyards? Fort Worth is blessedly not all that big, so if you have a car, all things are possible. I would suggest staying somewhere in the University area or in the Sundance Square area downtown. Thankfully, it's all pretty safe, too.

I love my town !

(I may live in Arlington, but my heart is in Ft. Worth).

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kid friendly hotel suggestions

The Sundance Square area, downtown, is very walkable with restaurants, boodstore and movie theatres right there.

My first choice downtown would be Embassy Suites- hard to beat the breakfast for kids. The Marriott next door isn't as new but often has good rates. The Worthington can be a good choice if you gind a good rate- kids like the escalators and the brunch ($$) can be fun.

The Residence Inn in the Cultural District is adjacent to Trinity Park and the hike/bike trails. It is equidistance from the museums and downtown.

We enjoy staying at the Hyatt Place in the Stockyards- you can see the twice-a-day cattle drives right from the hotel. Billy Bob's is kid friendly, there's a maze, plus shops.

I prefer downtown with kids and take the trolly/taxi to Stockyards/Cultural District and back. I just like kids to see what it is like to stay in a friendly, walkable downtown.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kid friendly hotel suggestions

Stay near TCU and you're close to the Zoo and Botanical Gardens as well as many restaurants and downtown. There's a new Springhill Suite down from TCU.

Downtown has Sundance Square, fun for dining and nightlife. There's an Embassy Suites, Marriot Courtyard, The Worthington and more.

Stockyards has a Hyatt Place and plenty of restaurants and is a fun way to spend a day.

From the Stockyards to the TCU area is only about 10-15 minutes apart (5 miles or so?) so nothing is too far.

Is this an adult or family trip, what kind of food do you like? Let us know what you're looking for and we'll try to give you some help.

texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kid friendly hotel suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions.

Am looking for something with microwave,refirgerator.

We do not eat meat....eat chicken/fish/veggies.

Travelling with family/kids age three and one.

Thansk

5. Re: kid friendly hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 17, 2009