We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Worth or Texas

Which Fort Worth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Worth or Texas

My boyfriend and I will be staying in Arlington July 10-13th. So far we got a baseball game planned, and Hurricane Harbor as well. We were just wondering as far as places to eat and a better bar scene, where we would be better off going. I hear that Dallas is more of a club scene, though we are more of bar people. Any suggestions would be great. Or any idea for what we can do while we are there would be helpful! Thanks!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Worth or Texas

There are some good places in Arlington but there isn't really a good area for eating, drinking and bar hopping. Lower Greenville Avenue in Dallas is good for that kind of thing but the parking is totally mad. Downtown Fort Worth is quite lively at night- Flying Saucer, Pour House, 8.0 to name a few favorites- and there are several new places on Houston St. We really enjoy it down there. And the Stockyards is a lot of fun, especially if you like country music.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Worth or Texas

Wow I meant to write Fort Worth or Dallas, but obviously you understood what I meant, Im an idiot. Yeah I have heard that parking in Dallas can be crazy, Fort Worth does sound like more our scene. IS Hurricane Harbor all its cracked up to be?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Worth or Texas

Yep, I know all about typos ;-)Can't say much about Hurricane Harbor- haven't been in a decade but it gets lots of folks!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
295 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Worth or Texas

Between the two cities I'd have to go with Fort Worth. Sundance Square is great. A laid back feel and some really cool places, all within walking distance. Oh and the parking garages are free after 5 pm on the weeknights and all weekend, leaving you more to spend at the establishments there!

westtexas
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fort Worth or Texas

as to hurricane harbour, when we went last summer, they no longer let you bring in your pic nick lunches and coolers in. and the locker situation is awful. you pay, get a computer code, and there is one computer panel screen for each big wall of lockers, you have to put in your code for it to open. it was a forever wait. you are better getting there early, and parking close, and just going back and forth to eat, and keep your $$ or clothes there. the food inside is actually pretty good, but of course pricy. they will keep refilling your old (last years) souvineer (sp) bottles.

buy your tickets ahead of time, and make sure you are in the lane, for people who already have tickets. you can get them at albersons(grocery store) around there.

also, the showers "only trickle" the rides are kept up and nice, but the bathroom facilities are pretty gross

6. Re: Fort Worth or Texas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 25, 2009