We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tha playboys of edinburg

seattle
1 post
Save Topic
tha playboys of edinburg

I'AM trying to find grup from the 60'S-70'S called --THE PLAYBOYS OF EDINBURG.--they had a hit called ---- LOOK AT ME GIRL.

South Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

The band is no longer together, however, some of them are still in the music business. James Williams, lead singer, is a producer in Hendersonville, TN. They will be going into the studio later this year (summer) to do some cuts...not sure what will happen with the songs.

Thanks for your interest.

wendallmaloy@yahoo.com

Houston
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

I was in highschool with them. They were a year or two ahead of me. They played in Houston a few times under the name The Williams Brothers Am pretty sure they were just James and Michael to me. Ah those were good times they played at our prom.

Austin Texas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

kennysea...

my name is val curl.

i was the leader of the playboys of edinburg.

if you'll email me your contact info i'll get you a couple mp3's from our 40+ yr reunion in the spring of 2007 an some old pics if ou want.

valcurl-broker@sbcglobal.net

Del Rio, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

I am interested in a copy of the song, "Look at Me Girl". Is that still available in 45, LP, Cassette tape or CD? Thanks for your response.

Joe DelRioWildcat30@yahoo.com

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

WOW! What did we do before the Internet?????

Beechgrove, Tn
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

Hello,

My name is Doc Martin and I used to have the band The Young Society. I would love to have some pics. and info on James and Mike. I live in Beechgrove Tn myself. I am a music producer myself and also perform with a group here in Nashville called Nashtones. You can find us on youtube if you would like. My e mail address is docmusic48@yahoo.com Would very much appreciate your assistance.

Thank you so much,

Doc Martin

Beechgrove, Tn
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

My name is Doc Martin. I used to be in the group The Young Society. I would love to have info. on James and Mike. My e mail address is docmusic48@yahoo.com I am currently a producer in Nashville. Thank you so much for your assistance. You can also find me on the my space as I am the co producer for The Mandy Mason Project. That can be found at myspace.com/themandymasonband

Albuquerque
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

My brother took guitar lessons from James and was a real fan. Val, I'd love to get your pics and a download.

sleepsweet@msn.com

Albuquerque
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

Val-

My brother took guitar lessons from James in McAllen and was a big

fan. I'd love to get those photos and downloads as well.

sleepsweet@msn.com

10. Re: tha playboys of edinburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Edinburg
Recent Conversations