We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I walk?

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Topic
Can I walk?

Can I walk from the DFW Airport Marriott South (4151 Centreport Boulevard) to the American Airlines Training and Conference Center (4501 Highway 360 S.)? Don't mind the distance but looking at Google Maps can't tell if it's doable - should I just take a taxi?

Thanks

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I walk?

I would not recommend walking. That's a very busy commuter area, especially 360 and there are no sidewalks or other accomodations for walking.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I walk?

Thanks. That's what I thought looking at Google.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I walk?

Check with the hotel as they may have a van that takes passengers within a certain radius. If they do this, then they usually have a call system when you need your return ride.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I walk?

ChrystinP- so glad to see you are back from the dead! You and your excellent advice have been missed.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I walk?

Thanks, Poodleone, I travelled like crazy from about mid-September on, got off my last flight of the year on December 22, and then promptly got sick for the rest of the year! Now I'm madly writing reports for the next few weeks, but then shouldn't be so MIA from the board. Thanks for missing me!

6. Re: Can I walk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 25, 2009