We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

we are fyling into Love Field Dallas at 7.25 on a Saturday night. Want to see Fort worth and Dallas main attractions and leaving from Love Field at 8.40 for Memphis on Monday night.

Looking for convenient and affordable accommodation.

Memphis accomodation for Monday and Tuesday night convenient to Gracelands and Memphis attractions and the airport.

You help appreciated

Ken from Brisbane Australia

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

First a few questions. Where are you staying? Are you renting a car? What are your primary interests as far as visiting these two cities? As you know, your window of opportunity is quite tight and it will help with suggestions if we know what you like to do/see.

Be sure to post in the Memphis forum for the best suggestions for Memphis accommodations.

Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

Thanks

Was looking for accommodation suggestions, probably near Love Field. Want to see Fort Worth old west type attractions and probably mainly JFK things in Dallas. Considering a tour or hiring car and driving. The absolute ideal would be to find an AirBNB for accomodation with owner or other who would act as a paid tour guide, driving us around for a day. Pipe dream, but who knows? We are 67 and 69 yrs old and reasonably fit, but doing it a bit easier would be great.

Thanks

KenD

Countman brisbane

Portsmouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Portsmouth
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
2,206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

The main hotel in Memphis is the Peabody on Union Avenue. However, we had a very good stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown which is directly opposite the Peabody. Convenient for all the attractions and you can cross the road to see The Peabody Ducks

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

In Dallas, I'd say The Belmont Hotel would be a good spot considering it's near the highway that takes you to Ft Worth - I-30. Plus, it isn't too far from Love Field. Send them an email to see if they know of tour guide who can show you around. I have a feeling they do. Plus across the street at Sylvan Thirty, you'll find some great food...Smoke at The Belmont is excellent as well.

I had researched Memphis for a road trip I took this summer. We ended up not stopping in Memphis, but from what I could gather, there is a Days Inn quite close to Graceland (the hotel has a guitar shaped pool). It isn't too far from the airport.

Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

Thanks bsandrs and pepper. Will have a look at those

Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

Decided downtown was going to be best and booked Crowne Plaza.

Struggling to find something in Memphis in our price range at present. Downtown preferable.

United States
Level Contributor
578 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

Don't go out of your way to stay near Graceland. It's not a very nice area.

8. Re: Accommodation Dallas and Memphis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 10, 2017