We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel help in dallas for one night

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
413 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
hotel help in dallas for one night

We are in Dallas for one day on our way to Houston. We will be visitng the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum. We want to stay someplace with easy access to get out of town the next morning while also avoiding as much heavy traffic as possible. We are debating whether to stay near the museum which looks to be at the north end of Dallas or go to museum and then get to the south end of Dallas so it might be easier to get out of town the next morning. Want a decent area of town and would like to go out to a nice dinner that night but do not want to pay more than $150 for the hotel for one night. Help!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel help in dallas for one night

Have you ever tried Priceline? Using the BetterBidding website for zone guidlines and recent winning bids, I have bid on 4* downtown Dallas hotels and won the Adolphus once and the Hyatt Regency another time for less than $100. Keep the cost of parking in mind. Getting out of downtown heading south on I-45 is easier than it might look.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel help in dallas for one night

There are a few hotels near the library - Palomar, Lumen and a Holiday Inn. I can't rec anything south of downtown along I-45.

3. Re: hotel help in dallas for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 02, 2014
4. Re: hotel help in dallas for one night

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 02, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel help in dallas for one night

Beware of Romantic Inn and Suites. It is in a VERY unsafe part of Dallas. Google Pleasant Grove and you will see or just look at a street view on Google maps. If I were you, I'd do Lumen or that Holiday Inn. The latter was redone for the Bush Library and the Lumen is just wonderful, it's a Kimpton.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
413 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel help in dallas for one night

Ok, thanks to those who gave helpful replies!

7. Re: hotel help in dallas for one night

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 05, 2015