We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

Hello all,

We are considering moving to Texas, specifically Dallas, so we are planning a trip in June. We will be staying in Dallas three to four nights. We would like a hotel room that has a balcony and a nice pool. I would like to be close to children's activities, but don't have a problem/might prefer to stay in a nearby suburb. We usually like four star hotels. I tried to see if this question had been asked. We can't really go out at night with the small kids, so a balcony is a nice place for us to relax. Also, we probably don't want to stay near the airport. A larger room is preferred.

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 1:42 pm, April 21, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

Not sure what part of Dallas you are looking to visit, but check out the Hilton on Lake Ray Hubbard. It's in Rockwall just east of Dallas. They have lake view balconies. There is also a summer concert series and plenty of local activities.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

Not sure what part of Dallas you are looking to visit, but check out the Hilton on Lake Ray Hubbard. It's in Rockwall just east of Dallas. They have lake view balconies. There is also a summer concert series and plenty of local activities.

Edited: 10:58 pm, April 21, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
373 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

If you would like to stay closer to downtown, take a look at the Ritz and the Rosewood Crescent. These are both in the Uptown area, and not too far from things like the aquarium, Perot museum, zoo, arboretum, etc. The Hotel Palomar is in the Mockingbird Station/SMU area of the city -- not that far from downtown. I can't help you out much with specific hotels in the 'burbs, but there are a number of nice areas to stay. Rockwall is nice, and gets you away from the city feel of Dallas (about 30 or so mins out of Dallas). Also, the Plano and Frisco areas are nice and kid-friendly.

Is there a specific part of the Dallas area that you want to see/are thinking of moving to? DFW is pretty spread out, so you may want to pick a hotel in your focus area, if you have one!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

Thanks! I don't really even know what we are going to do yet as far as sightseeing. I wouldn't mind staying in a burb if it was a nice hotel with free parking!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

Take a look at Great Wolf Lodge ("kid resort hotel", mom and dad relax) in Grapevine - immediately north of DFW airport and very conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth. Grapevine itself caters to family friendly activity and is centrally located for "things to do" in all directions. You could begin your Texas stay with a leisurely horseback ride around Lake Grapevine at Widowmaker Trail Rides in the adjoining town of Southlake.

http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/

http://www.greatwolf.com/grapevine/waterpark

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56693-d20…

(School districts in Grapevine-Colleyville, Southlake and Keller all receive high marks)

Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

Frisco is one of the most family-friendly cities to live in the Dallas area, so you might want to consider staying here. It isn't 4-star and doesn't have a balcony, but the Embassy Suites is a good place as it overlooks the Ranger's minor league team, the Roughriders. If you are here on game night, that is a fun place to walk over with the kids or try and get a room that overlooks the ballpark. On Friday nights, they have fireworks. Stonebriar Mall is right across the street and is family-friendly (carousel inside that the kids love). There are parks close by as well. The Westin is close by if you want more upscale, although I personally think the rooms need updating. Sorry I can't recommend a hotel in Dallas with a balcony, but I live here so I never look for those.

chamberburg, Pa
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

This is great information for me also, we are planning a few days in Dallas along with our 3 and 4 year old. thanks for the information.

8. Re: Hotel with balcony for family of four with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 07, 2015