We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US sim card

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
US sim card

Hi,

I'm flying in to DFW late on a Friday afternoon from Sydney Australia.

I'm staying at the Double Tree by Hilton (Airport) and was wondering if I could pick up a Sim card for an Iphone 4 close by. I wont have a car but would like a Sim card pretty quickly to call home. I'll be spending 4 weeks in the US then moving on to Mexico and Belize- which card do you think would be best for me???

Thanks in advance

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US sim card

Well your choices in the USA are really either AT&T or T-Mobile. Might check out the BEST BUY EXPRESS vending machine in the airport or maybe a kiosk in Terminal D.

Edited: 2:18 pm, March 27, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US sim card

Thanks for your help wesheltonj

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US sim card

Also, don't know if you've asked this question over in one of the Belize forums, but there were a number of times we did not have cell service while in Belize. Plus the US carriers don't have have international use features down in Belize. As most of the hotels have free wireless, I just used Viber and What's App to talk/text through the wireless connection. Doesn't cost anything.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US sim card

Thanks Skidea, I've just downloaded Viber and Wats App.

5. Re: US sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2015