We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

Grapevine has been selected as a Plan B vacation destination this year, and I was wondering what it is like driving around. There are so many cities right next to each other and it seems like one has to drive to all of them to hit up the area attractions. Just an idea of what I'm planning- stay at Homewood Suites Grapevine/DFW, and go the the Sea Life, Six Flags, Grapevine Main St., and the Medievel Court. All of those are in a different city. Will I just ruin a trip by trying to drive all those places or is it easier than it looks?

Thanks!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
52 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

Are you talking about Medieval Times rather than Medieval Court?? In any case, Grapevine is a pretty good central location to Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington - 20-30 minutes to Dallas and Arlington, 30-40 to FW (non-rush hour). The only better option would be staying in one of the downtown areas, but hotel rates would be more, plus you'd have to pay for parking.

(I don't see that you've listed anything in FW - you probably want to check out the Stockyards and downtown's Sundance Square)

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

Yeah, I think it's Medievel Times- the big show with jousting and so on.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
27 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

2 of your destinations are in Grapevine so it seems like you've found a good place to stay. The highways can be a bit tricky, but Medieval Times and 6 Flags are both off major highways. I don't think you'll have any problems getting to either...each should be about a 30 minute drive.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
40 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

Driving around DFW is very easy for the most part. The only complicated part is some of the construction around the airport can lead to delays. The hotel staff should be able to provide you with information regarding construction and the hotel location.

http://here.com/traffic/usa/dallas-tx

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
42 reviews
47 helpful votes
5. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

I agree, driving around is not that difficult. Just avoid rush hour if possible.

I would suggest visiting the Dallas World Aquarium over Sea Life in Grapevine. Although Sea Life is nice, it is very small and the admission price is pretty high if you pay the full price. There may be discounts you can find though. The tunnel is very well done.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
52 reviews
31 helpful votes
6. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

(Happily I can report, the construction on 121/114 at the north side of the hotel through Grapevine is nearly complete!! The only outstanding issues of note are completing the center toll lanes (toll tag readers), getting them open and rounding out the "prettification" of the thoroughfare.)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
27 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

I have to agree about Sea Life. Sea Life has highly decorated displays, but the variety of actual "sea life" is lacking...especially compared to Dallas World Aquarium.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
52 reviews
31 helpful votes
8. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?
Save

" at the north side of the *hotel* " should be *airport*.

9. Re: Driving around DFW/Arlington- difficult?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 16, 2015