We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Date night help...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Date night help...

This Christmas I am going to Dallas FW area to see my Girlfriend and her family. I don't get to spend alot of time with my Girlfriend so I want to arrange an amazing date. The problem is that i have never been to Dallas FW so have no idea what is around at that time of year... Please help

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Date night help...

You could schedule a carriage ride to see the Christmas lights. I believe there is one group that does carriage rides in Highland Park. And you could plan a dinner somewhere along Knox or Travis which is where the carriage ride picks up and drops off.

dallas
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Date night help...

Agreed with the other reviewer, a carriage ride would be perfect... the Christmas lights in Highland Park are beautiful.

For a romantic dinner I'd look into Victor Tangos, Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck (in Reunion Tower), The French Room (Adolphus Hotel), or St. Martin's Wine Bistro.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Date night help...

Well, we don't know you that well so I'm going to suggest sportier ideas. . .

Ice Skating around the giant Christmas Tree at the Galleria, then dining at the Grand Lux restaurant, galleriadallas.com/dining_categories/…

There is even a VERY fine Westin Hotel attached. Just for a birds eye view of the lights mind you. "wink!"

Drive her around the (infinitely more macho than a buggy ride) NASCAR Racetrack specially decorated for Grand Texas Style romantic Christmas date nights. May not be champagne & caviar, but a once in a lifetime memory! http://www.giftoflightstms.com/

Edited: 8:20 pm, October 24, 2013
4. Re: Date night help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 26, 2014