We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any major construction in Love Field area?

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Any major construction in Love Field area?

In a few weeks we will be driving into Dallas from Shreveport, La to stay at the Embassy Suites-Love Field to catch a flight with Southwest out of Love Field. We have never flown out of that airport as we typically fly from DFW( like we did just a few months ago).

It seems Dallas always has major construction going on! Not like the sleepy town we live in.

So it seems after traveling West on I-20 we then go:

US 80W

Which becomes I-30W

Then I-45S towards US 75N/McKinney

Well not to bore you with the complete turn by turn directions ( just wanted to give you an idea of our route)

The sought after destination is Embassy .Suites on 3880 West Northwest Highway

We shuttle to/from airport-so no concerns for us as far as driving past the hotel

Is this area/route bogged down with construction headaches and/or exit closures at this time which might not be reflected on say Mapquest?

We can cross town here with our so called rush hour in 20 minutes. So you can imagine we find navigating Dallas traffic as a bit challenging to say the least.

Thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,596 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any major construction in Love Field area?

I can't think of any road construction around Love Field currently...I was there a few weeks ago dropping off and picking up my husband.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any major construction in Love Field area?

Thanks pepper!

ARLINGTON, TX
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any major construction in Love Field area?

An alternate route would be go north on Loop 12 (Buckner Blvd) , It turn into Northwest Hwy. This is the old inner loop. Take you by Whiterock Lake. It would be slower traffic but much more to see. Restaurants and Shopping galore on this route.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any major construction in Love Field area?

Thank you Dale.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,596 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any major construction in Love Field area?

I would take Dale's route if you are coming into town in the late afternoon. One lane of I-30 west gets shut down for the HOV lane going east (i.e. back to the burbs). The traffic really backs up.

You'll probably be on Hwy 80 at that point. You'll see an exit for Buckner Blvd/Loop 12. Don't get onto 30. Take this exit instead; it will be the center lane. You'll be on the service road and stay in the right lane. At the Toyota dealership, turn right and then get into the left lane. Follow the sign that simply says "exit". That is Buckner. It's a weird exchange. I live off Buckner and it took some getting used to.

You'll continue north on Buckner and all 3 lanes will end at Northwest Hwy where all 3 lanes turn left to the west. And just FYI - I find staying in the right lane travels quicker on NW Hwy.

There are better places to eat around NW Hwy and Preston - Taco Diner, R&D, Hillstone, Blue Plate, Hopdoddy, Pei Wei, Chipotle.

And around NW Hwy and Midway - Howard Wangs, La Madeline, Fernando's.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any major construction in Love Field area?

thanks for the advice pepper. Really appreciate all the info.

7. Re: Any major construction in Love Field area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 05, 2014