We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to town for Stars Hockey Game/ Cowboys Game-

Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Coming to town for Stars Hockey Game/ Cowboys Game-

We are coming to town to take in both events, Likely would stay downtown Dallas the 1st 2 nights, then was thinking Fort Worth or Arlington for the next 2. Would like not to rent a car as we would prefer not to have to park and do like to enjoy beverages. Any suggestions as to how to get to these points?? Or what my best options would be with this kind of trip? It will be just my husband and myself. Any advice much appreciated!

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to town for Stars Hockey Game/ Cowboys Game-

If you were to base yourselves in downtown Fort Worth, you can ride a "game train" from the downtown rail station to and from the American Airlines Center for a Stars game, and that can be a lot of fun - particularly AFTER the game (and especially if the Stars win). Not sure about your best bet for getting from Fort Worth to Arlington for a Cowboys game (aside from a taxi), but perhaps others will know if any public transportation opportunities exist in that regard. Downtown Fort Worth is very walkable (I find it moreso than Dallas) and you will find numerous nice/fun restaurants and bars. Too, even if you stay in downtown Fort Worth you can still hop a bus or take a cab to areas that lie slightly outside of downtown, such as the West 7th area and the Stockyards. More bars than you can shake a stick at! You might try posting in the Fort Worth forum to get more info. I know you said you're considering staying in Dallas, but just wanted to let you know that you can easily attend both games if you stay in Fort Worth - and you might enjoy the downtown Fort Worth nightlife more than that in Dallas.

Edited: 3:49 pm, August 22, 2013
Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to town for Stars Hockey Game/ Cowboys Game-

Thanks I have been looking at Fort Worth and it does look fun!!! May go that route!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to town for Stars Hockey Game/ Cowboys Game-

Ft Worth's bus service, The T, runs the Cowboy Coach Shuttle on game day from downtown FW.

the-t.com/busservice/…default.aspx

The Trinity Rail Express (TRE) runs special schedules for Stars games.

www.trinityrailwayexpress.org/aacenter.html

4. Re: Coming to town for Stars Hockey Game/ Cowboys Game-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 24, 2014