We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you TA for all the help

Level Contributor
3,114 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you TA for all the help

Thanks for all the help as we planned our Dallas trip and while we were on it. As usual TA was very helpful. We did not get to do half the things I and the peep wanted to but the heat made it hard to do much outside. We will be back but hopefully in cooler weather!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you TA for all the help

Where did you end up going when you were here?

Level Contributor
3,114 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you TA for all the help

Thanks for asking. The main focus of our trip was to see family so of course we did a lot of that. The weather being so hot (which we knew going in but our summer has been so mild it was a very hard transition) Here is what we did on our trip last week:

Stayed at the Omni for two days downtown. Great view, nice pool that closed way to early and took over an hour to check in. It was too far from everything and had nothing else nearby. I did do a full review of our stay.

6th Floor Museum. I have always wanted to see this. I love musums and my peeps (kids) are used to going to Museums and like history. The Tween peep was beyond bored and said they kept saying the same things over and over. I am glad we went but see no need to ever go back. (if I did I would leave the kids at home) It was expensive for what it is.

West End. Full disclosure I used to come to Dallas every year for a conventon. That was back in the day when the West End was hoping. It looks like they are trying to bring it back? We did go to a lovely boutique that I wish I could remember the name. It had very different and not too expensive clothes that my hipster tween loved. The owner said she has only been there for three months. I would love to go back there.

Perot Science Museum! Two thumbs up here! We and our local family loved it. I did a full review of it but if you like science go check it out. No boredom at this museum from the peep. We spent over 5 hours here and did not see it all.

Wyly Theater and the play Fly. Great Theater and great play. You can go an hour early and talk to some of the actors or stay late and do the same. The prices are very reasonable for the type of plays. I would go back in a heart beat.

More shopping and more shopping for the tween. In 105 weather that feels like 115 we had to toss out many of our plans. We stayed up in Allen the rest of our trip and there is lots of shopping up that way. We did go to the pool a lot.

What I will see on the next trip: The stockyards, The Presidental Library, and the drive inn among others.

What I did not like: directions on the GPS and the toll ways. Very confusing and hate that you can not pay cash. We got lost a lot and I am a person that travels often. The signage is min or hard to figure out.

We had a great time in Dallas and will be back (just not in Aug) Thanks for all the help.

Mentioned in this post
Allen
Allen
Texas
3. Re: Thank you TA for all the help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 20, 2014